Ooh! Look how fancy I am. An award, and it’s German nonetheless. Ooh… so fancy. Let me stick my pinky out while I drink my coffee.
Okay, so the award isn’t German, but the word is. It actually means boyfriend, which I never understood, but can also be translated as “beloved” or “darling” or “sweetheart”. Basically, it’s a term of endearment and affection… which I still don’t really get. I mean, I love you guys, but I don’t love you guys. Hope you’re okay with that. Otherwise, things could get kind of awkward around here…
Anyhoodles, I was nominated by Josh over at My Friday Blog (which is totally a blog you should be following because he’s both hilarious and insightful) which is awesome because I’m still trying to figure out why people read and follow my inane ramblings. (Not that you shouldn’t be following me… I mean… my ramblings are pretty awesomely inane, and who doesn’t enjoy some awesome inanity from time to time? Commies, that’s who…)
Anyway… here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Awesome. Let’s do this.
1. If you could go back in time and relive part of your life, with no changes, would you and why/why not? No. Considering the fact that I can’t make any changes, what would be the point? Why dwell on the past when you can do nothing to change it? Onward and upward, I say.
2. What or who inspires you? Oh, good grief… so many things. Words. Nature. Music. Kids. Charitable work. Kind people. Love. Family. Basically anything and everything that reflects God’s goodness… which, for me, is all of the above.
3. What is your greatest memory? Greatest memory or best memory? Is there a difference? *sigh* This is hard… um… I guess it would be being surrounded by family when my dad passed. While it was one of the hardest, most heart-breaking things I’ve ever had to deal with, it was also one of the most joyful and memorable because I had my family with me… all of us together in one place… which was pretty special.
4. What is your biggest fear? Not accomplishing anything in life, and letting life or other people get in the way of pursuing my dreams. Also… deep water, big dogs and pushy salespeople. But mostly that first one.
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure? Coca Cola and potato chips. I shouldn’t love them. I shouldn’t eat them. But the heart and stomach want what they want. Who am I to tell them otherwise? Also? People Magazine. I hate myself for that…
6. Which do you prefer, sunrise or sunset? I have a feeling I would love sunrise, if I could just drag my butt out of bed that early. BUT, anyone who knows me knows that will possibly never happen considering how much I love to sleep. Sooo…. Sunset it is!
7. If you could change the world, what would you change? Whoa. That’s a loaded question. Geez, Louise. Um… if I could, I would try to make people see how rewarding and fulfilling it can be to be compassionate, charitable and generous – with our time, our energies, and our money. Think of the difference we could make in the world if we were willing to help others who needed it, rather than focusing on our own greedy desires? (And no, I’m not talking about Socialism. I’m just talking about lending a helping hand to those who need it.
8. What amazes you? See # 2.
9. What makes you sad? Selfishness, bitterness, hopelessness and injustice. Also, burgers without mayo. Canadians have the right idea.
10. Don’t you wish this award had a logo like some of the others? It does! Looky here!
Okay, now… here are my nominations. (If you’ve already been nominated, I apologize. It’s getting harder and harder to find people who haven’t been…)
Okay, there are a ton more I would nominate, but the rules say 10, and I’m nothing if not a hardcore rule-follower.
And finally… my 10 questions, which are not going to be particularly deep or insightful so… just suck it up and deal. And then answer the questions.
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Did you believe in Santa as a kid? Were you crushed when you found out the truth?
- Do you have a favorite smell? I think everyone should have a favorite smell. What is yours?
- If you could choose one person and only one person to live with you on a deserted island for the rest of your days, who would you choose and why?
- If you could punch anyone in the face, who would you choose to punch and why? Be specific. I want dirt and details.
- What is one daily essential item you could not live without?
- Do you have a favorite TV show? Do share…
- You just won $100 million from Publisher’s Clearing House. What’s the first thing you do?
- What makes you laugh?
- Suddenly, everyone in the world recognizes your brilliance and natural leadership skills. As a reward, you get to pick one country to rule over for the rest of your life. Which country do you choose and why?
Alrighty, that’s it for me, peeps. Thanks for reading. Good luck and God speed and may the force be with you and live long and prosper and… well, you get the point.