Okay, so more than a week ago, I was nominated by the Baffled Baboon for “The Real Neat Blog Award” (and yes, when I read that phrase, I can only hear it in a Beaver Cleaver voice: “Gee, Wally. That’s a real neat blog you have there.” Did I ever tell you about the time I actually MET June Cleaver? It was pretty epic. But that’s a story for another time…)
HOLY DIGRESSION, BATMAN. What the heck was that?
Where was I? Okay… um… “The Real Neat Blog Award”. Nominated by The Baffled Baboon. (Which is another “real neat” blog, by the way, so you should go check that out, because it’s “real neat” and she talks about monkeys a lot… and she’s super funny… which is “real neat”, you know?)
ANYhoodles… just as I was getting around to writing about “The Real Neat Blog Award”, I was nominated again by Lisa over at Real Mom of Long Island. (Again, another “real neat” blog because she’s both really funny and quite insightful and her life as a mom pretty much needs to be made into a TV show… so, it’s “real neat”.) Which, just solidified the fact that I need to get around to actually writing about it. SO, without further adieu… Here are the rules:
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are the 7 (Now 14) questions that i need to answer:
First from Baffled Baboon…
1. If you could travel back in time, what event would you want to witness?
Um… er… hmm… Good grief, that’s a tricky one. Um… Okay, got it. The end of World War II in 1945. From the parades and celebrations of our troops coming home, to the news reels of Jewish prisoners being released from the concentration camps. How amazing would it have been to witness that sort of victory? Pretty epic. (Not epic like meeting June Cleaver, mind you, but still… pretty epic.)
2. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop?
Hahahahahaha! NO. Dude, I haven’t even gotten a parking ticket. Wait. No. No, I HAVE gotten a parking ticket, but it took me nearly 30 years to accomplish that one, so I’m not planning on getting pulled over anytime soon. Unless the cop is hot. Then we’ll see.
3. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
SAMMICHES! Also? Sandwiches. Seriously. Is there anything better than a sandwich? Putting all your favorite ingredients in the same place in a handy, easy-to-hold, easy-to-carry contraption like that? It’s sheer brilliance. What’s not to love?
4. What was the last lie you told?
Seriously? I lie to children on a near-daily basis. It would clearly be impossible to keep track of them all. Although, if I really had to dig, it was probably when I told little Miss 2nd Grade Sassy Pants that her getting two guinea pigs for Easter was pretty much the coolest thing ev-ER. (When everyone knows it was really that one time I met June Cleaver…)
5. If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
Twenty-five. That was the age I was when I married the ass-hat, and I obviously want a do-over. Plus, it was a pretty good age all around.
6. What is your worst habit?
I chew gum. A LOT. I think it’s become a nervous habit. I apologize if it grosses you out. I’m trying to cut back. I swear.
7. If a baboon were to hypothetically knock on your door and hypothetically ask for some money to hypothetically build a hypothetical time machine, how much hypothetical money would you hypothetically donate?
One MILLION hypothetical dollars. It’s not every day a talking baboon comes around asking for hand outs. That’s pretty epic. (Again, not meeting June Cleaver epic, but pretty epic.)
AND… from Real Mom of Long Island…
1. What is the best thing you love about where you are from?
The lakes and the trees. You literally (the British pronunciation, not the American one) cannot go a mile without tripping over a lake here. They. Are. Everywhere. And they are pristine and gorgeous. After spending a week out west, I was homesick for all the lakes. I love me a good lake. And the trees? Again. They’re EVERYWHERE around here. As far as the eye can see. It’s sheer perfection. Plus, it’s pretty remote, so if you ever want to get lost, this is the place to do it.
2. Where did your blog name come from?
Where DID my blog name come from? I don’t know. I think I based it on how I was feeling after that Harrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad thing happened. My emotions were all over the place, and I knew I would have to go Under and Over, Around and Through a lot of things to get to the other side. But now I’m here… so… YAY!
3. What is your dream job?
Helping others. It would literally be doing some type of charity work – helping, serving, raising awareness and funds for causes I hold near and dear to my heart. Helping people in war-torn, developing countries. Getting food, clean water, medical supplies, building shelters and schools for people that need it the most. Promoting educational causes, working with and inspiring kids, and speaking out against injustices. And then? Writing about it, speaking about it, and getting other people to care about it. Also? Doing a lot of traveling in the process. Honestly, nothing makes me feel more fulfilled than when I’m able to help someone else and bring a smile to their face.
4. Favorite book?
5. Which single person has inspired you the most in life?
OOH! I know this one! JUNE. CLEAVER. (Okay, not really. But I don’t have a better answer at this time…)
6. What do you love most about yourself?
Um… the fact that I once met JUNE CLEAVER?! Okay. Not really. I guess I like that overall, I’m a really happy, fun, optimistic person. And I’m feisty. You can’t really get me down too easily, and if you do… I won’t stay there.
7. Dream Vacation?
AFRICA. Africa, Africa, Africa. I have wanted to go there since I was a little girl. The people? The animals? The scenery? The customs? *sigh* I think I would instantly fall in love and never want to come back.
Got all that? Good. I now nominate the following:
Whew! Okay. Now for YOUR questions…
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love June Cleaver?
- Your mom just called. What do you do now?
- Where in the world IS Carmen San Diego?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Are you as cool as I am? If so, why have we not met yet?!
- Feet. Do they gross you out as much as they do me?
- A Prince song comes on the radio. Do you turn the station or turn it up and jam out?
Okay, that’s it. That’s all I have. Have fun. Be good. Let people with lots of groceries go in front of you in the check out line. Especially if they bear a striking resemblance to June Cleaver. Because… you know.