I was recently nominated by Lisa over at Real Mom of Long Island for the Very Inspiring Blog Award. First of all, the fact that some 300 people read my random weirdness is amazing enough. So, the fact that she nominated me for this? Well, it made me feel all warm and squishy inside. Especially considering the fact that I LOVE Lisa’s blog because her posts are insightful and inspiring, plus occasionally hilarious. Also, she gets major bonus points for being a fantastic writer who doesn’t use run-on sentences. So, thank you for nominating me, Lisa!
The Award Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
1) The nominee shall display the respective logo on her/his blog and link to the blogger that has nominated her/him.
2) The nominee shall nominate ten (10) bloggers she/he admires, by linking to their blogs and informing them about the nomination.
So, I guess we’re doing this, huh? Some of the many bloggers I find inspirational are as follows (and in no particular order):
- This New School: Because I am a total teacher nerd, and I love anything and everything having to do with teaching and education, I also love this blog. It is hugely insightful, thoughtful, and full of wonderfully researched tips, tricks and suggestions for becoming a better teacher. I have yet to stumble across a post that has not inspired me in some way. If you are a teacher, you have to read this blog.
- Rookie Notes: I recently stumbled across this blog and instantly fell in love with it. Her posts are wonderfully uplifting, encouraging and inspirinig. AND, she’s pretty stinkin’ funny to boot. Plus, despite the fact that Chelsea is only in her early 20s, she’s wonderfully wise and down to earth for someone her age… which I totally LOVE.
- Notes from the Bathroom Floor: If you like humor and cynicism, you HAVE to read this blog. She is HILARIOUS. Plus? Her illustrations are AWE-SOME. If you’re in a totally bitchy mood and need some comic relief or someone who just “gets” it, this is the blog to visit. LOVE her.
- Everybody’s Gotta Be Somebody: Alternately hilarious and thought-provoking, I never know what I’m going to get when I read this blog. But I’m NEVER disappointed. She has a different perspective on life that is always refreshing and fun. Plus, I’m pretty sure we’re like the same person stuck in different bodies… which is kind of cool, if not completely creepy.
- Fits of Wit: Another hysterically funny blogger with an affinity for Jon Hamm and crazy-awesome crafting skills? Seriously? What’s not to love? Plus, she has an amazing ability to turn the most mundane topic into something salacious, which totally makes me giggle like a virginal school girl. So, basically, she’s just awesome.
- Stop Me if I Told You This: Okay, so this gal is not only one awesome storyteller, she’s pretty stinkin’ funny as well. Plus, her honesty and openness on just about every subject imaginable is refreshing. Again, I’m never quite sure what to expect from her posts, but I’m NEVER disappointed. She’s a phenomenal storyteller.
- Single Family Asylum: Most of the blogs I read are written by women. SO, it’s really fun to get a man’s perspective on the everyday and inane. He’s hilariously funny, and he tells some fantastic stories. Plus, with all the “Mommy Blogs” out there, it’s fun to hear about family life from a guy.
- This is 30?: Another recent discovery and another hysterically funny blogger. Seriously. Read her stuff. You will guffaw loudly and chortle heartily. Really funny stuff. She writes a lot about dating, so I get to live vicariously through her hilarious and sometime salacious posts. Good times.
- Adulthood… If I Must: This is another blog where I never really know what I’m going to get. One post is hilarious and the next is thought-provoking and inspiring. I love it. She’s a fantastic writer whose posts are totally relatable and engaging.
- Courtney Loreanne: Again. Really, super funny. Plus, the girl is about as socially awkward as I am which totally makes me love her all the more. She’s totally random and weird, which just makes her stuff that much more hilarious and relatable. Check her out. You won’t be disappointed.
Okay, so there’s my list. If you’re not on the list, please realize I still LOOOOVE your blog (otherwise I wouldn’t be following you…) but just didn’t have room to list everyone. But seriously, if you’re looking for AWESOME blogs to follow, check out all the ones I’m following. They’re hilarious and engaging and awesome. Every last one of them. Check them out, give them a follow, and then settle in for an evening of fantastic reading.