So, my lovely blogging peep, Lisa, from over at Real Mom of Long Island tagged me in a feel-good game of blogger tag, and requested my response to the age-old question, “What makes you happy?”
What makes me happy? Good grief. We could be here a while, peeps. Settle in, and let’s do this.
- Owls. Preferably baby owls. Because… so many reasons.
- Writing. There’s nothing I love more than writing. Hands down, it’s pretty much my most favorite thing to do.
- Teaching. There’s only one thing I love more than teaching and it’s writing.
- Coffee. Coffee pretty much makes my life go ’round. It keeps me awake, and it keeps me in a good mood. As long as it’s not causing heart palpitations, coffee and I are pretty tight.
- Naps. There are few things in this world better than a good nap. Am I right? You know I am. Don’t even try to argue with me on that point.
- Family. I have the weirdest, most high-maintenance family on the planet. And they. Are. Awesome. I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world.
- Friends. I have 4 main-stay girlfriends who are pretty much the best things ever. Because they get me. Even when they don’t.
- This guy. Because… well, duh. Look at him!
- Food. The fact that I do not weigh an astounding 641 pounds because of this love affair still baffles me.
- Faith. God is good. All the time. And full of love and grace and peace and joy. It’s what keeps me going most days.
- Smart people. Because stupid people annoy the crap out of me.
- Gingers. Because I’ve never met a red head I don’t like.
- Lifetime movies. I know. It’s shameful and ridiculous. And I can’t help it. Trust me, I’ve tried.
- Getting magazines in the mail. Seriously. Is there anything better? I think not.
- BOOKS. Children’s books, non-fiction books, certain fiction books, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD… *sigh* Even their smell is to die for. Have you ever smelled a book? No? You’re totally missing out. That Rory Gilmore thing is an actual thing. Books lovers actually do that.
- Giving back. There is genuinely nothing more satisfying than giving to others less fortunate than yourself. I may enjoy this more than writing and/or teaching. If I were independently wealthy, and able to do charity work the rest of my life, I’d be happy.
- Food, shelter, a warm, safe place to sleep… The fact that I can give back despite making a pittance as a substitute teacher because I already have the necessities? Pretty awesome.
- Anything that makes me laugh. Laughing is my favorite. Anyone who can make me laugh is pretty much my new favorite person.
- Chuck Taylors and cute clothes.
- Spring days when the ice is melting and crackly, and the wind is warm, and the sun is shining, and the puddles are forming and… It’s just sheer perfection.
I’m sure I could come up with a million more things that make me happy. But if I’m being honest, I really have to pee right now, so I have to cut it short. NOW, for the really fun part. I want to know what makes these bloggers happy:
- Blissful Britt
- Rachel Being Chatty
- Fits of Wit
- Mama’s Musings
- A Narcissist Writes Letters, To Himself
- Kitten Thunder
- Everybody’s Gotta Be Somebody
- Stop Me If I Told You This
- Notes From The Bathroom Floor
- Girl on the Contrary
- Hacker, Ninja, Hooker, Spy
- This New School
Okay, there are so many others I want to list, but now I REALLY have to pee. SO… PLEASE feel free to tag yourself and pass it on.
Gotta go… really badly. Over n’ out, peeps.